Fostering innovative research at the intersection of the humanities, arts and sciences since 1968. Through fellowships, project support, and programming, the Center provides multiple points of access and honors multiple ways of knowing.
Mobile Story Cart
C21 will pilot the Mobile Story Cart in June 2023. Designed and crafted by sculpture artist Glenn Williams, the Story Cart is at once a work of art and a vehicle for conversation, meant to encourage participants to gather together and share their stories based on a series of prompts.
There are no upcoming events.
- Former C21 Fellow, Derek Handley, receives NEH Summer Stipend AwardFrom the NEH: "In this highly competitive funding cycle, NEH funded fourteen percent of the Summer Stipend proposals that it received." Handley's "application was selected for support after completing a … Read more
- C21 Director Anne Basting announced as 2023 Unstoppable Voters FellowThe Center for Artistic Activism's Unstoppable Voters program views creative risk-taking as an opportunity for engaging civic dialogue. Each year, the program supports fellows in carrying out projects that … Read more
- C21 Director Anne Basting featured on NYT First Person PodcastThe New York Times podcast First Person explores the diversity of opinions through the stories they originate from. This week, C21 Director Anne Basting discusses her experiences working in … Read more
- History Doctoral Student Matilda Ansah will represent UWM-C21 at HWW WorkshopHumanities Without Walls (HWW) is a program that seeks to invigorate collaborative research, teaching, and scholarship in the humanities by fostering interdisciplinary research. We are pleased to announce that … Read more
- Story Experience Fellow Program receives Chancellor’s Challenge FundingLed by C21 Director Anne Basting with Marquette faculty Andrew Kim and Sarah Wadsworth – the Story Experience Program received the President and Chancellor's Challenge award to address poverty. … Read more
6.5 Minutes With…C21 Podcast
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts or Spotify!
American Studies professor Psyche Williams-Forson talks about her most recent book project and the importance of digging deep into understanding individual food choices….. Listen here!