Business Analytics Online Graduate Certificate
Business analytics – the management, analysis, and utilization of data in strategic, operational, and tactical decision making – is increasingly identified by executives as a top priority as businesses around the world seek out new areas of competitive advantage.
This 15-credit certificate can be completed as a stand-alone certificate or in combination with a Lubar master’s degree program.
Leveraging the expertise of top faculty in Information Technology Management, Marketing, and Business Statistics, the Business Analytics certificate will provide you with the knowledge and skills to manage, analyze, and use data to support strategic decision making within your organization:
- Develop statistical and predictive models for business analytics
- Use forecasting methods to support managerial, financial, and operational statistics
- Implement business intelligence solutions using data warehousing and data mining techniques
- Use a wide range of reporting and OLAP tools for business analytics, including Business Objects, Excel Data Mining Client, Python, R, SAP BW, SAS, SPSS, SQL Server BI Development Studio
- Employ text mining, web mining, and visualization tools for business decisions
- Perform marketing analytics using statistical models
- Analyze customer data for customer acquisition, retention, and profitability
Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics (15 credits)
Required Course (3 credits)
BUS MGMT 709 Predictive Analytics for Managers
Electives Courses (12 credits)
Students choose at least four of the following:
BUS ADM 713 Business Forecasting Methods
BUS ADM 741 Web Mining and Analytics
BUS ADM 763 Marketing Analytics
BUS ADM 769 Database Marketing
BUS ADM 816 Business Intelligence Technologies & Solutions
BUS MGMT 744 R Programming for Business Analytics
Additional Business Analytics certificate requirements as well as course descriptions can be found on the Graduate School website.
To be considered for admission, you must have completed a bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 2.75 or better. This certificate may be completed alone or in combination with the Lubar College’s MBA or MS in Management degree program.
To apply, complete the online application. Please also send your official transcript (from highest degree earned) to the Graduate School, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, P.O. Box 340, Milwaukee, WI 53201.
For Online MBA students or students completing Online Certificates only, tuition is $800/credit or a total of $12,000 to complete the certificate. All other students are subject to UWM’s tuition and fee schedule. This does not include the cost of textbooks and other miscellaneous expenses.