MyLubar: The one stop shop for your Lubar Student Service resources!
As an advising staff, we believe in helping students achieve their academic and career goals through exploring and developing effective strategies in a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive environment.
Don’t know your advisor? See School of Business advisor assignments and contact information here.
Current business students: Please read below for updates on how to connect with your advisor.
New freshman and incoming transfer students: Please see the New Students tab at the top of this page for more information regarding orientation.
Current UWM students, not yet declared business: Please contact us at 414-229-5271 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Virtual Advising Meetings
The Undergraduate Student Services is committed to providing you with a high level of service and support throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Though our advising services are being conducted remotely this Fall, we are available to assist you via email, phone, or virtually through Microsoft Teams – whichever platform best fits your needs! Read below to learn how to connect with us.
Schedule an advising appointment with your assigned Lubar Advisor through Navigate or by calling our office at 414-229-5271.
Have a quick question and want to speak with an Advisor? Current students can check-in through Navigate for a virtual drop-in (equivalent to walk-ins) every Wednesday from 2:00pm – 4:00pm. Please use these directions or this video tutorial to check-in. An advisor will call you at your listed phone number or through your Microsoft Teams account. While you wait prepare a list of questions.
Please note: Navigate will only allow you to sign up for drop-in advising during the time listed above and they are on a first-come, first served basis.
Email Advising for Spring 2021 Course Plans
As an added service, your Advisor can assist with Spring and Summer 2021 course planning over email. If you are a continuing Lubar undergraduate student, you may submit an enrollment plan request form and your Advisor will send you an updated scorecard with course recommendations within five business days.
How to Declare A Business Major or Minor
To declare a business major, you must meet with a business advisor. Schedule an appointment by calling 414-229-5271.
If you are a current business student and would like to change your major within business, you can email your advisor. See advisor contact information here.
To add the business minor, please complete this online form: https://uwm.edu/business-undergrad-advising/declare-a-business-minor/
Lubar Resources for Current Students
- Lubar Tutoring Center
- Lubar Career Services
- Student Success Center (SSC)
- Lubar Student Organizations
- Lubar Hall Computer Labs and Study Areas
- Computer labs: N234A, N234B, N234C
- Quiet study space: S280
- Group study space: S270, 3rd floor atrium, 1st floor common space
Campus Resources for Current Students
- UWM One Stop
- One Stop is just that – the one stop shop for all of your campus questions. Use this site to connect with Financial Aid, the Bursar’s Office, the Registrar, instructions for transcripts, enrollment, graduation, and more!
- Accessibility Resource Center
- ARC serves students with a wide variety of disabilities and health concerns. They assist in the process of requesting classroom and housing accommodations.
- Multicultural Student Centers
- Norris Health Center
- Norris offers a variety of health care services including counseling and COVID-19 testing to students free of charge.
- UWM Dean of Students
- The Dean of Students is here to support you with matters beyond academics. They oversee disciplinary actions, manage personal crises and emergencies, field complaints, and even offer emergency grants.
Check out the FAQs page for answers to common questions!
For More Information
Undergraduate Student Services Office
Lubar Hall N297
(414) 229 5271
Graduate Student Services
Lubar Hall N251
Lubar Hall N203