Business analytics – the management, analysis, and utilization of data in strategic, operational, and tactical decision making – is increasingly identified by executives as a top priority as businesses around the world seek out new areas of competitive advantage.
Leveraging the expertise of top faculty in Information Technology Management, Marketing, and Business Statistics, the Business Analytics certificate will provide you with the knowledge and skills to manage, analyze, and use data to support strategic decision making within your organization:
- Develop statistical and predictive models for business analytics
- Use forecasting methods to support managerial, financial, and operational statistics
- Implement business intelligence solutions using data warehousing and data mining techniques
- Use a wide range of reporting and OLAP tools for business analytics, including Business Objects, Excel Data Mining Client, Python, R, SAP BW, SAS, SPSS, SQL Server BI Development Studio
- Employ text mining, web mining, and visualization tools for business decisions
- Perform marketing analytics using statistical models
- Analyze customer data for customer acquisition, retention, and profitability
To be considered for admission, you must have completed a bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 2.75 or better. This certificate may be completed alone or in combination with the Lubar School’s MBA or MS in Management degree program.
To apply, complete the online application. Please also send your official transcript (from highest degree earned) to the Graduate School, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, P.O. Box 340, Milwaukee, WI 53201.
Tuition is $2,500 per course, or a total of $12,500 to complete the certificate. (The credit plateau does not apply to this program.) This does not include the cost of textbooks and other miscellaneous expenses. Students enrolled in two courses in a term may be eligible for financial aid in the form of loans. Contact the Department of Financial Aid for more information.
The Business Analytics Certificate is subject to gainful employment regulations.
See: Gainful Employment Certificate Disclosure Information.
For More Information
Graduate Student Services
Lubar Hall N251
Required Course (3 credits)
BUS MGMT 709 Analytic Models for Managers
Electives Courses (12 credits)
Students choose at least four of the following:
BUS ADM 713 Business Forecasting Methods
BUS ADM 741 Web Mining and Analytics
BUS ADM 763 Marketing Analytics
BUS ADM 769 Database Marketing
BUS ADM 816 Business Intelligence Technologies & Solutions