Provost Gronert provided the following updates:
- The Dean search committees for the School of Freshwater Sciences and the Zilber College of Public Health are being finalized. The SFS search will be launched soon, with the ZCPH following after a slight delay.
- An internal search for interim Dean of the new College of Arts and Architecture will take place this year.
- The current 3.4% enrollment decline has highlighted the need to improve retention of students, especially after the first year.
The UC considered several matters:
- The current evaluation of administrators procedure has been referred to the SSEA for suggested revisions.
- SAAP 7-13 on Academic Freedom was reviewed and determined to not need revision.
- Discussion on possible changes to the full professor promotion process continue.