Proper treatment and medical management of hearing loss begins with a thorough and accurate hearing evaluation. To accomplish this, the UWM Audiology Group is offering free hearing screenings for any adult or child aged 3 years or older on July 15.
The UWM Audiology Group recommends taking a self-assessment to consider having a hearing evaluation by answering the following questions:
- Do you experience difficulties hearing conversations in the presence of background noise, such as at restaurants?
- Can you hear people speaking but not understand what they’re saying?
- Do you ask people to repeat themselves?
- Does your family think you have hearing loss?
- Do you have difficulties hearing the television or voices over the phone?
The screening event will take place at the Audiology Group’s Wauwatosa clinic, located at 10425 W. North Ave., Suite 110.
Attendees are asked to call ahead of time to schedule a time slot at 414-607-1830. Screenings are set to take place from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The UWM Audiology Group provides hearing evaluations and affordable hearing aids in the southeastern Wisconsin area and serves as a real-world training facility for UWM graduate students. The UWM Audiology Group also operates under an “ideal clinical model,” providing patients and UWM students with the best audiological services in Wisconsin. With the patient’s consent, students may be present for some appointments; however, all services are provided by a UW-Milwaukee Audiology Group audiologist.
For more information, please go to the UWM Audiology Group website.