Good Morning FPM Team,
I understand there are many questions/concerns about the COVID-19 testing requirements. The purpose of the testing is to keep people safe by reducing the spread of COVID-19. Many details can be found in the email from HR below. I will try to summarize the main points.
- This testing requirement ensures routine testing of faculty, staff and students that are on-site at least one time per week.
- Because some people that have COVID-19 are not experiencing symptoms, routine testing will enable notification to those individuals. Then a separation (quarantine) period is required for those individuals during the time they could spread COVID-19.
- Testing is available at 3 UWM locations
- Alternatively, you may also be tested at community sites, through your healthcare provider or with a self-administered test
- Community Sites can be found on the DHS site
- Self-Administered tests can also be ordered through DHS: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/collection.htm
- If you test off site, you must complete an exception form each time. Form can be found here.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days, you may request a testing exemption using the same testing exception form.
- Please discuss questions and concerns with your department supervisor and/or Director.
Thank you for supporting this effort to keep everyone safe and healthy,