Graduate Student Mentoring Program
Would you like the guidance of a seasoned executive to help you navigate questions and challenges related to your career? Join the Graduate Student Mentoring Program!
MBA and MS students in the Lubar College of Business have the unique opportunity to be paired with a dedicated Lubar alumnus with outstanding professional experience and the desire to help graduate business students expand their professional horizons.
Benefits to You!
- Advice and guidance for your career decisions.
- A connection with someone who can share past experiences and situations where one has overcome challenges.
- Conversations regarding the development of knowledge and skills that will drive your success through leadership and innovation.
- Connections with others within and outside your field of study.
How Does the Program Work?
- This is a full-year program that begins each fall and ends in May.
- You will receive your mentor connection in late August and have your first meeting in September.
- You will meet with your mentor monthly via phone, text, virtually, or in person.
- Networking events so that you can meet virtually or face-to-face with your mentors. (Please recognize that not all mentors are local.)
Who are the Mentors?
We have an outstanding array of mentors ready to connect with you. Here are a few of their professionals titles:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Vice President-Finance Administration
- Vice President – Marketing & Communications
- Vice President – Strategy
- Director of Community Relations
- Director of Executive Programs
Conversations with Executives-in-Residence
The Lubar College of Business is fortunate to have a number of former high-level executives who serve as Executives-in-Residence. These individuals share their expertise in the classroom and beyond, bringing vast experience and expertise to augment our students’ learning environment.
Each semester, a select group of Executives-in-Residence are available for individual meetings with our MBA and MS students to provide perspective and guidance on your career plans or on other issues related to your professional development.
Students receive details at the beginning of each semester through their university email.