Advanced Digital Marketing Analytics using Google Analytics
This course is designed for business and marketing-minded individuals who want to maximize the value of their digital analytics tools. During this course you will learn how to customize Google Analytics to capture more meaningful data from user interactions to conversions. You will learn hands-on how to use Google Tag Manager to capture data on user interactions, such as PDF downloads, Exit Links and Click-to-Calls. You will use advanced analysis techniques in Google Analytics to interpret and understand user behaviors and marketing channel effectiveness for your website.
This course is part of the Digital Marketing Certificate. It can be taken as part of the certificate or individually.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for business and marketing professionals/students and does not require developer knowledge or coding.
- Overview of Google Analytics implementation: Basic, Intermediate and Advanced
- Learn how to use Google Tag Manager to capture user interactions on a website
- Advanced analysis techniques using Events and Conversions
- Learn about eCommerce tracking and reports
- Understand cross-channel attribution using the Multi-Channel Funnel reports
- Learn about methods for analyzing data across devices (desktops, tablets and mobile phones)
- Learn how to stitch together data across visits to create user profiles
Introduction to Digital Analytics or a solid understanding of analytics tools, particularly Google Analytics.
The class was the perfect pace and we received the perfect amount of information in the perfect amount of time. GA is very complex and there was a lot of information, but I never felt overwhelmed or rushed.
— Student, 2015
The information presented was not just delivered with an academic “here is what can be done” perspective, but instead demonstrated in a real-world “this is how you can use it to succeed”. In GA, where there is much more data than what is actually useful, this was refreshing.
— Student, 2015
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Tue., Nov. 10
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Tim Baumgartner
Enrollment Limit: 20
Program Number: 5026-8541
Registration Deadline: Mon., Nov. 9