Congratulations on choosing UWM – we’re thrilled to welcome you to the Panther Family!
Select your orientation program
Log into your Admissions Portal to:
- Select a program date
- Share dietary needs and disability accommodations
- Enter guest registration information
Look for a confirmation email after registering. Another email with more details will be sent closer to the program.
Ensure you’ve completed your admitted student next steps
- Access your PAWS account
- Set-up multi-factor authentication
- Access your UWM email
- Submit your University Housing contract or exemption form
- Complete course placement
- Submit your ID photo
- Complete your University Credit Agreement
- Send in your high school transcripts
Attend your orientation program
At your orientation program, you will visit campus to take care of your to-do list and enroll in courses. You can expect to:
- Experience life as a UWM Panther, led by an Orientation Leader.
- Learn how to use PAWS to enroll in courses during future semesters until graduation.
- Address logistical questions and concerns so you can feel confident in your decision to attend UWM.
- Know how to log into and utilize campus technology, specifically Office 365 and Canvas, allowing you to complete required trainings, participate in courses and communicate with UWM staff and support systems.
- Understand how to access resources to support your individual, holistic success as a UWM student.
- And so much more!
Programs dates are listed in your Admissions Portal. Students can expect to be on campus for the full day with lunch and dinner provided. The guest program ends at 5 p.m. Guests are encouraged to have dinner on their own in Milwaukee while students finish up the program that evening.
If desired, overnight accommodations can be made through UWM Guest Housing or at any of Milwaukee’s local hotels.
The Orientation Requirement Hold will be removed from your PAWS account after attending this program.
Complete Panther Transition Training modules
After completing orientation, you’ll see Panther Transition Training appear in your PAWS To-Do List. Panther Transition Training modules are found within the Panther Orientation and Transition Canvas course. Please allow up to 2 business days for your Panther Transition Training to do list item to be marked complete in PAWS.
Attend your Panther Transition Experience
Before the first day of classes, you’ll round out your Panther Orientation and Transition process by participating in Panther Transition Experience. You’ll participate in small group workshops, UWM traditions and officially be inducted into the UWM Panther family.