Congratulations on choosing UWM – we’re thrilled to welcome you to the Panther Family!
Complete your orientation modules
Go to your UWM Admissions Portal to access your Panther Orientation and Transition Canvas course. This course is self-paced, and you can expect to complete the orientation modules within 1-2 hours. These modules cover:
- Academic advising
- Course enrollment
- Resources to support your success
- Campus technology
- Student life
The Orientation Requirement Hold will be removed from your PAWS account after completing these modules.
Ensure you’ve completed your admitted student checklist
- Access your PAWS account
- Set-up multi-factor authentication
- Access your UWM email
- Check your transfer credit evaluation & make an appointment with your academic advisor
- Monitor PAWS for your enrollment appointment to you can enroll in courses as soon as possible
- Submit your ID photo
- Complete your University Credit Agreement
- Complete course placement
- Send in your transcripts
Enroll in courses
To enroll in courses at UWM, you’ll need to ensure the following three things are complete:
- Complete the orientation modules in your Panther Orientation and Transition course
- Your Orientation Requirement Hold is removed from your PAWS account
- The date and time is on or after your enrollment appointment listed in PAWS
It is also strongly encouraged to make an academic advising appointment by logging into Navigate to ensure you are enrolling in appropriate courses that support timely graduation.
Attend an orientation program
Go to your UWM Admissions Portal to select a date, share dietary needs, disability accommodations and guest registration information. Look for a confirmation email after registering. An email with more details will be sent closer to the program.
At your orientation program you will visit campus to take care of your to-do list and explore campus. Orientation leaders will guide you through the program and share stories about their experience on campus. While you’re here, you can expect to:
- Experience life as a UWM Panther.
- Address logistical questions and concerns so you can feel confident in your decision to attend UWM.
- Understand how to access resources to support your individual, holistic success as a UWM student.
- And so much more!
Program dates and times are listed in your admissions portal. Students can expect to be on campus for an afternoon and evening program with dinner provided. The guest program ends before dinner, and guests are encouraged to have dinner on their own in Milwaukee while students finish up the program that evening.
If desired, overnight accommodations can be made through UWM Guest Housing or at any of Milwaukee’s local hotels.
Complete Panther Transition Training modules
After completing orientation modules, you’ll see Panther Transition Training appear in your PAWS To-Do List. Panther Transition Training modules are located within the Panther Orientation and Transition Canvas course. Please allow up to 2 business days for your Panther Transition Training to-do list item to be marked complete in PAWS.
Attend your Panther Transition Experience
Before the first day of classes, you’ll round out your Panther Orientation and Transition process by participating in Panther Transition Experience. You’ll participate in small group workshops, UWM traditions and officially be inducted into the UWM Panther family.