Take a look at the following resources to find the right UWM WiFi network for you.
An encrypted WiFi network for UWM students, faculty, and staff.
Log in using your UWM credentials.
If you are connecting for the first time, visit our KnowledgeBase article and follow the setup instructions.
An encrypted WiFi network for visitors to the university.
Log in using the Visitor network password: panthers23
Additional resources can be found in the UWM KnowledgeBase.
An encrypted WiFi network for visitors from eduroam universities.
Log in using your credentials from your home university.
Find additional resources below & in the UWM KnowledgeBase.
If you have issues connecting to any UWM WiFi network, contact the UWM Help Desk.
Resources for network and wired connections at UWM
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
- To complete the set-up process, you must physically be on UWM’s campus and then log in using your home institution’s username (ePantherID@uwm.edu), domain, and password. If you have issues connecting, contact the UWM Help Desk.
- Devices should be virus-free and have the latest operating system updates.
- Not all mobile/Android devices support 802.1x authentication. If you have questions or issues with your device, please contact your vendor or manufacturer for assistance.
All the General Assignment Classrooms have one data jack open for anyone to use. To connect, plug a laptop into the jack for full access to the internet on the campus network. Most data jacks are identified with a “D;” voice jacks are identified with a “V.”
Most UWM campus offices come equipped with network jacks. Activating a network jack requires a Wired Network and Telephone Services Order. Most data jacks are identified with a “D;” voice jacks are identified with a “V.”
When network issues arise:
- Ensure all cords are securely plugged into the data jack itself (the black port in the jack is for data connections; it may contain a “D” on the label).
- Ensure the WiFi on the device plugging into the data jack is disabled.
- Only jacks made active will be provided connectivity. If you would like to activate a data jack, please complete a service order here.
If you have completed the above steps and your network-related problem is not resolved, contact us at 414-229-5800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Wired Network Troubleshooting
If you experience issues with wired networks on campus, please contact the UWM Help Desk. To help expedite your request, come prepared to share the following information with a Help Desk representative:
- Jack number (written on the wall jack faceplate; e.g., 2-037D)
- Computer type: PC or Mac
- Operating system and version
If you cannot find this information, a Help Desk representative may also assist in finding this information.
To submit your request, please fill out our Wired Network and Telephone Services Order.
To submit your request, please fill out our Special Event WiFi Request Form.
Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) creates a secure connection between your device and a public internet connection by
Connecting to unsecured networks at coffee shops, or even your own home network does not offer the same level of security as the network our University’s campus provides.
The GlobalProtect VPN affords several benefits to UWM employees that are working remotely. Using UWM’s VPN allows you to remotely access your on-campus device, gives off-campus access to UWM’s network drives, and offers greater protection when using unsecured networks off-campus.
It is also important to connect any University-owned device you are using remotely to the VPN. Connecting ensures that you continue to receive regular updates to your computer.Why should I use UWM’s VPN?
- Connecting to UWM’s VPN allows you to access resources that are only available to on-campus users such as shared drives and data sources.
- Connecting to UWM’s VPN keeps the information you access on your device private.
- Connecting to UWM’s VPN encrypts phone calls made via Teams (using Voice Over IP).
- Get into the habit of connecting to the VPN each day when you log into your device.
- Always be sure you are connected to the VPN when using a public WiFi network.
- Contact the UWM Help Desk if you are experiencing any issues with VPN.
- Install for Windows: https://kb.uwm.edu/page.php?id=83286
- Connect for Windows: https://kb.uwm.edu/page.php?id=89581
- Install for macOS: https://kb.uwm.edu/83717
- Connect for macOS: https://kb.uwm.edu/89582
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or visit uwm.edu/helpdesk.