Simplify your life
- Submit your ID photo online, you can even use your selfie
- Manage your PantherCard online: add funds, view balances and review spending history at GET UWM
We’ve moved to Union W198, across from the Union Ballroom and next to the Union Art Gallery.
The PCO fall hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-4:00pm and Fridays 9:00am-2:00pm.
Your Panther Card is your official UWM identification card and is an essential part of campus life. It is the key to accessing services throughout the University.
What the PantherCard is used for?
- Borrowing books from the Golda Meir Library and accessing the library after 7:00 PM
- Accessing the Klotsche Fitness Center, Testing Center, Norris Health Center, and IT Services
- Riding UWM Shuttles or B.O.S.S. transportation
- Attending campus sporting events and activities
- Attending Union Theater screenings and Peck School performances
- When a Parking Pass is obtained, the card will grant access to enter and leave parking structures
- Meal Plan
- Gold Account
Lost & Found Cards
Turn your PantherCard off @ GET Lost
You can inquire about a lost card by calling us at (414)-229-2231 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Samaritans can send found cards to the PantherCard Office located in UWM Student Union W198.
How do I know when I am eligible for an ID?
- All enrolled Students are eligible for a PantherCard
- New Students should submit your ID photo online, you can even use your selfie
- Freshman receive their PantherCard at New Student Orientation
- Auditors need to be enrolled in classes and will be charged $20.00
- Requirements and eligibility may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the student
- Faculty are eligible for their PantherCard after they have received a PAWS Account and a Campus ID Number
- A valid government issued personal photo identification such as a passport or U.S. driver’s license is required
What will I need to get my Panther Card?
$20 New PantherCard Fee
All students pay for their first PantherCard. How each student pays may vary, some students may have the ID cost included in their New Student or Transfer Student Fee or another special program fee.
All other students can purchase an ID at the PantherCard Office for a $20 fee.
Faculty and Staff receive their initial ID free of charge, replacements are $20.
$20 Replacement PantherCard Fee
The fee will be waived for:
- A legal name changes that is verified with the Registrar’s Office and PAWs
- Change in University Status (Ex: Student to Staff)
- Defective Card
- Outdated PantherCard without an RFID chip
Unleash the power of the Panther!
Your PantherCard offers two (2) declining balance (debit) accounts, GOLD Account and Resident Meal Plan. By depositing money in advance of your purchases, you may use your Gold account across campus and at participating off-campus businesses! Students receive tax-free food at all on-campus UWM restaurants!
The Gold account enables you to take advantage of participating frequent buyers programs, discounts and tax-free food for students when purchasing from on-campus restaurants. Add funds, view balances and review spending history at GET UWM .
All UWM students automatically have a Gold account, a debit account (declining balance account) that starts off with a zero balance.
GOLD Account membership entitles you to:
- Purchase laundry and general services at Sandburg Residence Halls, Kenilworth Square Apartments, and Cambridge Commons.
- Purchase food (tax-free for students) at all UWM campus restaurants.
- Purchase food, merchandise and services at the Panther Shop, Restors, Recreation Center, Union Cinema, Union Marketing, Studio Arts & Craft Centre, Union Station, SARUP lab and all pay for print location at UWM.
- Purchase food at all participating off campus businesses (taxable).
Resident Meal Plan
Residents who live in Sandburg or Cambridge Commons residence halls are required to have a Resident Meal Plan. This is an a la carte debit plan where residents pay for what they purchase by presenting their PantherCard for payment at the register. Residents choose the plan level when completing the housing contract.
Your Resident Meal Plan can be managed in the same manner as your GOLD account. Add funds, view balances and review spending history via GET UWM .
Resident Meal Plan membership entitles you to:
- Purchase food (tax-free for students) at all UWM campus restaurants
*Food purchased in the residence hall Cafes and Palm Gardens are discounted 50%.
- Purchase food at all participating off campus businesses (taxable)
For non-residents, if you wish to have a meal plan or for more information on the Resident Meal Plan, call University Housing at (414) 229-4065.
UWM Restaurants and local businesses that accept the Resident Meal Plan and/or GOLD Account: