Summer hours: Monday – Thursday 10a-3:00p & Friday 10a-2p
Now located in Bolton Hall 275
We make UWM Voter ID cards – learn more about acceptable forms of photo IDs.
Simplify your life
- Submit your photo online, you can even use your selfie
- Manage your PantherCard online: add funds, view balances and review spending history at GET UWM
How to get your card
New undergraduate transfer students – First submit your photo online here. You will then get your card at orientation. The Panther Card fee is included in your new student fee. A replacement costs $20.
Graduate students – First submit your photo online here. Then visit us in person. There is a $20 new card fee. A replacement costs $20.
2nd degree, auditors, non-degree, doctoral, ESL and reentry students – First submit your photo online here. Then visit us in person. You do not need a new card if you already have a Panther ID Card. There is a $20 new card fee. A replacement costs $20.
Online and UW Flexible Option Degree – First submit your photo online here and then order your card here. Cards will be mailed via the U.S. postal services. A $20 fee will be posted to your PAWS account. A replacement costs $20.
International undergraduate students – First submit your photo online here. Then you’ll get your card at orientation. The Panther Card fee is included in your new student fee. A replacement costs $20.
International graduate students – First submit your photo online here. Then visit us in person. There is a $20 new card fee. A replacement costs $20.
- UWM @ Waukesha can simply visit the Waukesha County Library
- UWM @ Washington can simply visit the Washington County Library
- UWM @ the main campus can simply visit the Panther Card Office, located in W198 of the Student Union.
Replacement Cards – For current students, faculty and staff, first update your photo online here and then visit us in person. Or order your replacement card here and we will mail it (we do not mail to the UWM Dorms). A replacement costs $20.
UWM @ Waukesha and Washington – New Students should follow orientation instructions
- Submit your photo online, use your selfie
- Pick up your ID card
Washington County campus – Library
Waukesha County campus – Library
Your Panther Card is your official UWM identification card and is an essential part of campus life. It is the key to accessing services throughout the University.
What the PantherCard is used for?
- Borrowing books from the Golda Meir Library and accessing the library after 7:00pm
- Accessing the Klotsche Fitness Center, Testing Center, Norris Health Center, and IT Services
- Riding UWM Shuttles or B.O.S.S. transportation
- Attending campus sporting events and activities
- Attending Union Theater screenings and Peck School performances
- When a Parking Pass is obtained, the card will grant access to enter and leave parking structures
- Dining Dollars
- Panther Ca$h
Lost & Found Cards
Turn your PantherCard off @ GET Lost
We will send an email to your UWM email address if your card was turned into the PCO.
Replacement Cards – For current students, faculty and staff, submit your photo online here and then visit us in person. Or order your replacement card here and we will mail it. A replacement costs $20.
Other lost & found areas to check:
- Milwaukee County Transit
- UWM Gold Meir Library
- UWM Police Department
- UWM Student Union Information Center
- UWM computer labs
- UWM Klotsche Center & Pavilion equipment room desk
- UWM housing service desks
Good Samaritans can send found cards to the PantherCard Office located in UWM Student Union W198.
How do I know when I am eligible for an ID?
- All enrolled Students are eligible for a PantherCard
- New Students should submit your ID photo online, you can even use your selfie
- Freshman receive their PantherCard at New Student Orientation
- Auditors need to be enrolled in classes and will be charged $20.00
- Requirements and eligibility may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the student
- Faculty and Staff are eligible for their PantherCard after they have received a PAWS Account and a Campus ID Number
- A valid government issued personal photo identification such as a passport or U.S. driver’s license is required
What will I need to get my Panther Card?
$20 New PantherCard Fee
All students pay for their first PantherCard. How each student pays may vary, some students may have the ID cost included in their New Student or Transfer Student Fee or another special program fee.
All other students can purchase an ID at the PantherCard Office for a $20 fee.
Faculty and Staff receive their initial ID free of charge, replacements are $20.
$20 Replacement PantherCard Fee
The fee will be waived for:
- A name change that is requested through the Registrar’s Office
- Change in University Status (Ex: Student to Staff)
- Defective Card
- Turning in a copy of your police report for stolen ID
- Outdated PantherCard without an RFID chip
Unleash the power of the Panther!
Your PantherCard offers two (2) declining balance (debit) accounts, Panther Ca$h and Dining Dollars. By depositing money in advance of your purchases, you may use your Panther Ca$h account across campus and at participating off-campus businesses! Students receive tax-free food at all on-campus UWM restaurants!
The Panther Ca$h enables you to take advantage of participating frequent buyers programs, discounts and tax-free food for students when purchasing from on-campus restaurants. Add funds, view balances and review spending history at GET UWM.
All UWM students automatically have Panther Ca$h, a debit account (declining balance account) that starts with a zero balance.
Panther Ca$h enables you to:
- Purchase laundry and general services at all residence halls.
- Purchase food (tax-free for students) at all UWM campus restaurants.
- Purchase food, merchandise and services at the Panther Shop, Restors, Recreation Center, Union Cinema, Union Marketing, Studio Arts & Craft Centre, Union Station, SARUP lab and all pay for print location at UWM.
- Purchase food at all participating off campus businesses (taxable).
Many housing residents are required to have a Resident Meal Plan. This is an a la carte debit plan where residents pay for what they purchase by presenting their PantherCard for payment at the register. Residents choose the plan level when completing the housing contract.
Dining Dollars are managed in a similar manner as your Panther Ca$h. Add funds, view balances and review spending history via GET UWM.
Follow this link for meal plan change information and forms.
Non housing students wishing to buy the nonresident meal plan can find the form here (scroll down to meal plans).
Meal plan questions can be directed to the University Housing Office at 414-229-4065 or firstname.lastname@example.org