Thousands of students, family, faculty and friends gathered at the UWM Panther Arena on Sunday for the UWM community’s most joyous event – graduation.
More than 3,400 degrees were awarded at ceremonies in the morning and afternoon. Honorary degrees were awarded to Peter Feigin, president of the Milwaukee Bucks and Fiserv Forum, and Mary Alfred, professor emerita of educational administration and human resource development at Texas A&M University. Peggy Williams-Smith, CEO of Visit Milwaukee, gave the keynote address at both ceremonies.
There’s lots of material online for anyone who wants to join the celebration, relive the day or experience it for the first time. That includes:
- A photo gallery of the happy graduates during the ceremonies.
- Streaming video of both the black and gold ceremonies.
- A video focusing on a few standout graduates who share some memories and advice.
- A special edition of the Panther Minute guest-hosted by Chancellor Mark Mone, who asks students about the favorite memories of UWM and advice for future students.
- A story about the first graduating class of nursing students who were able to complete all four years at UWM at Waukesha.
- A photo gallery featuring several students who landed full-time jobs even before graduation.