Undergraduate Advisor & Coordinator
Lapham Hall 324 (414) 229-3951 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday 9:30-10:20, Tuesday 2-3, or email for appointment
Geosciences Advising Services
Meet with your Geosciences faculty advisor to help you successfully navigate through your undergraduate degree:
- You need to contact and meet with our Undergraduate Faculty Advisor, Dr. Lindsay McHenry. She will advise you on your Geosciences courses only. Your L&S advisor will advise you on college requirements for graduation.
- Majors courses are offered on a regular rotation and can be viewed on the Courses page. Retirements, sabbatical leaves, and other circumstances sometimes may alter this rotation. Be sure to talk to your advisor as you plan out your course sequence.
- There is a requirement to take a summer field course (typically 5-6 weeks long). There are many throughout the country that are acceptable. We are also in a consortial agreement with the South Dakota School of Mines to provide our students a discounted tuition at their field camp. In addition, there are scholarships available from our department and from the South Dakota school of Mines to help defray field camp costs. (Again, talk to your advisor).
How to Declare Your Major/Minor
Students wishing to declare the major can obtain the necessary information and materials from:
To declare your major/minor with the Geosciences and get all the information you need:
- Print an unofficial transcript.
- Log in to PAWS
- Under the yellow Academics header, click in the drop down menu and select Transcript: View Unofficial, then click the yellow arrow button
- Select the Undergraduate or Graduate Transcript and default Output Destination Type (email), then click the Submit Transcript Request button
- A PDF copy will be delivered to your UWM Email Address immediately
- Schedule a meeting with the Geosciences Undergraduate Advisor
After You Declare Your Major/Minor
When you need further advising, for example regarding an major requirements, and career options, you should meet with your Geosciences faculty adviser. Your faculty adviser will be listed on your declaration form.