Declare Your Minor

How to Declare Your Minor

Students with questions about the minor can obtain the necessary information from:

Department of Geosciences

Letters & Science Student Services

To declare your minor with the Geosciences and get all the information you need:

  1. The first step to declare a minor in Geosciences is to fill out and submit the
    Declaration of Minor Form »

  2. Obtain an unofficial transcript.
    • Log in to PAWS
    • Under the yellow Academics header, click in the drop down menu and select Transcript: View Unofficial, then click the yellow arrow button
    • Select the Undergraduate or Graduate Transcript and default Output Destination Type (email), then click the Submit Transcript Request button
    • A PDF copy will be delivered to your UWM Email Address immediately
  3. Schedule a meeting with the Geosciences Undergraduate Advisor

After You Declare Your Minor

When you need further advising, for example regarding an minor requirements, and career options, you should meet with your Geosciences faculty adviser. Your faculty adviser will be listed on your declaration form.