Ideal for working professionals or students who want to “stack” it with another graduate certificate to earn a master’s degree.
The global artificial intelligence market was estimated at $62.35 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of 40.2% from 2021 to 2028.* Many, if not all, sectors of the economy now need workers with relatively deep knowledge and advanced skills in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Innovators, including Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, have chosen UWM for graduate studies in Computer Science. Industry advisory feedback means our coursework is relevant to future demands. This 15-credit certificate is available in-person, online, or a combination of both.
*Grand View Research
Developed to meet your needs
- Online: Affordable online option is synchronous or available on-demand, at $933/credit or $14,000 total, regardless of whether you are in-state or out-of-state.
- In-Person: With attention to class times convenient for working professionals.
- 15-Credit Program Can Be Completed in One Year.
- No GRE Required.
- Not Just for Computer Science Degree Holders: We welcome applicants with a broad range of prior degrees, including science, engineering, computer science, economics, finance or any other area that requires academic preparation in math and programming. Applicants with other prior degrees will also be considered via holistic assessment of their academic record and professional experience.
A 15-credit program that updates your skills
- Six credits (two courses) will be in general areas to provide an understanding of the theory and practice of machine learning.
- Another nine credits will be electives covering application areas of machine learning, such as natural language processing, computer vision, AI techniques and algorithms and software engineering for AI/ML.
- View the Academic Catalog for specifics.