Students in the Lubar School’s Investment Management Certificate Program (IMCP) work on real portfolios while earning their degrees. Our CFA Institute University Affiliation program emphasizes the philosophy that students learn by doing.
Through a rigorous curriculum that puts a premium on applied finance opportunities, students learn the roles of sell-side analyst, buy-side analyst, credit analyst, investment banker, performance and risk manager, institutional sales, financial planner, and portfolio manager, along with the skills necessary for many other roles in finance.
- Through active management of real-money portfolios, students work on around $10 million in real portfolios, including management of over $4.5 million in assets.
- Are trained in a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Affiliation Program that prepares them for and encourages them to sit for the CFA Level I examination
- Engage regularly with investment professionals inside and outside of the classroom
- Have access to top flight investment analytical tools, work on real projects, and participate in competitions
- Travel to some of the world’s largest financial centers to learn from working investment professionals