If you’re seeking to blend the depth and rigor of the MS in Information Technology Management program with the managerial skills developed in a traditional MBA, the Lubar School of Business offers the combined MBA-MS in ITM degree.
This comprehensive program positions graduates for leadership and advancement within organizations through an extensive IT and general management curriculum.
MBA-MS in ITM Curriculum (48-51 credits)
MBA Core Courses (18-21 credits)
BUS MGMT 704 Accounting Analysis and Control
BUS MGMT 705 Corporate Finance
BUS MGMT 706 Managing in a Dynamic Environment
BUS MGMT 708 Marketing Strategy: Concepts and Practice
BUS MGMT 709 Analytic Models for Managers
BUS MGMT 711 Supply Chain Strategies & Competitive Operations
BUS MGMT 712 Strategic Management
Students with a business degree and a major in accounting, finance, management, marketing, information technology management, or supply chain and operations management may waive the 3-credit core course that corresponds to their major. A maximum of 3 credits can be waived.
ITM Required Courses (15 credits)
BUS ADM 743 Information Privacy, Security & Continuity
BUS ADM 744 Information Technology Strategy & Management
BUS ADM 747 Service-Oriented Analysis and Design
BUS ADM 749 Data and Information Management
BUS ADM 810 Development of Web-Based Solutions
Electives (15 credits)
Students choose at least five of the following:
BUS ADM 741 Web Mining and Analytics
BUS ADM 742 Big Data in Business
BUS ADM 745 Artificial Intelligence for Business
BUS ADM 746 Topics in Information Technology Management
BUS ADM 748 Managing Information Technology Projects
BUS ADM 811 Process and Work-Flow Management
BUS ADM 812 Emerging Information Technologies for Business
BUS ADM 813 Social Media Analytics for Business
BUS ADM 816 Business Intelligent Technologies and Solutions
BUS ADM 817 Infrastructure for Information Systems
BUS ADM 818 Information Systems Practicum
BUS ADM 819 Information Technology Management Internship
BUS MGMT 732 Enterprise Resource Planning
BUS MGMT 733 Enterprise Simulation Game
Foundation Courses (8 credits)
Bus Adm 335: Visual System Development (3 cr.)
Bus Adm 701: Business Mathematics (2 cr.)
Bus Adm 703: Financial Accounting (3 cr.)
Foundation courses are not required for entry into the program, and courses can be waived with prior coursework with a grade of C- or better. If the courses are not waived with prior coursework, you may discuss opportunities to satisfy the course requirements with an advisor. These eight credits would be in addition to the degree curriculum.
Additional degree requirements and course descriptions for the MBA – MS in ITM can be found on the Graduate School website.
We’re excited to have you join the Lubar School of Business and we hope the following information will be useful as you start the application process for Graduate School.
We will carefully consider all elements in your application file as we determine if you will be a good fit for our graduate programs. However, meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Completion of an Undergraduate Degree
Applicants must hold a degree from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution in the United States or from a recognized institution in a foreign country. Many 3-year bachelor’s degrees are accepted as equivalent to the U.S. 4-year bachelor’s degree for purposes of admission.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75
A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, or an equivalent measure on a grading system that does not use a 4.0 scale. Those whose undergraduate GPA is below 2.75 must provide further documentation.
- English Proficiency for International Students
All UWM Graduate School applicants are required to demonstrate a suitable level of proficiency in the English language.
- Official GMAT & GRE scores.
- A minimum GMAT score of 500 total (Quantitative score of 36, Verbal score of 17 for international students).
- A minimum GRE score of 305 total (Quantitative score of 149, Verbal score of 142 for international students).
You will need to submit the following to complete the Graduate School application:
- Transcripts from every institution of higher learning attended will be needed. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded at the time of application but official transcripts will be required upon acceptance. Transcripts should be emailed directly to the Graduate School.
- Submission of official GMAT or GRE scores must be sent directly from GMAC or ETS.
– GMAT CODE: 1896
– GRE CODE: Institution Code 1473, Dept. Code 4204
- An updated resume.
- Statement of Purpose (1 to 2 pages on why you would like to earn your degree at the Lubar School of Business and your plans after graduation.)
- One or two Letter(s) of Recommendation are preferred but not required.
- In addition to the items listed above, international students must supply the following:
– All foreign institutional transcripts from any institution of higher learning attended.
– Applicants whose native language is not English, or who have not earned a degree in the United States, must submit TOEFL scores directly from ETS.
- Submit the $75.00 application fee.
Priority application deadlines are as follows but may be subject to change:
- For any Fall semester: July 15th in the same calendar year
- For any Spring semester: November 15th in the same calendar year
- For any Summer semester: April 15th in the same calendar year.
Please visit the following website for the most up-to-date tuition information based on the semester you will attend, and to review the Business Masters Fee schedule.