The following qualifications must be met for waiver approval for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Science (MS) degrees.
Decisions are at the discretion of the Lubar admissions committee, and the last two-year undergraduate GPA may be considered in some circumstances. For the Master of Science in Professional Accounting, please see Section B.
Section A: Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Science (MS) degrees excluding MS in Professional Accounting
Students must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have an undergraduate degree from an AACSB or ABET accredited institution with a 3.00 GPA or higher.
- Have an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a:
- 3.20 GPA and two years of relevant work experience or
- 3.00 GPA and five years of relevant work experience or
- 3.00 GPA and grade of “B” or better in two quantitative college-level courses or
- Military service of at least five years or
- Completion of a professional certificate (i.e. CFA, CPA, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Completion of a graduate degree with a minimum 3.00 GPA
Section B: Master of Science in Professional Accounting
Students who complete an AACSB accredited accounting undergraduate degree will be waived from the GMAT/GRE exam if they meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher in all courses, including repeats, and
- 3.00 GPA or higher in all transfer work, including repeats, and
- 3.00 GPA or higher in all accounting courses which includes BUS ADM 450.
- A grade lower than a “B” is not permitted in more than two accounting courses. No grade may be a “C-” or lower.