Funding Opportunities for Urban Studies Programs Students
We encourage Urban Studies students and applicants to apply for the following forms of financial assistance available through Urban Studies Programs and UWM. For your planning purposes we list the deadlines for the current academic year even though some of these dates have already passed; you may assume they will be similar in the upcoming year but should be aware that they might change.
Funding and Awards Available through Urban Studies
Dissertation Research Grant Award
- Award includes up to $2000 to support costs related to dissertation research.
- Currently available only to doctoral students who have defended their dissertation proposals.
- Funded by alumni donations.
- Deadline: TBD, usually at the end of February.
- Maximum of $300 awarded in support of graduate student travel to conference to present research.
- Recipients write short reports included in the annual Urban Studies newsletter.
- Funded by Henry W. Maier fund.
- Deadline: Rolling; contact the USP office to apply.
Urban Studies Research Award for Outstanding Research in Urban Studies
- Open to participants in the USP Student Research Forum held in April/May each year.
- Winners receive Urban Affairs Association Conference registration, some travel support, and a small monetary award.
- Deadline: TBD