For current students, the easiest way to find a time that works well for both you and your advisor is to schedule online through Navigate.
- Click on the blue button at the top right corner of the page that says Schedule an Appointment
- Select Advising as the appointment type
- Select your service type (Academic Planning, Exploring a Major, etc.)
- Select your location as Pathway Advising
- Select your meeting type (In-person, Microsoft Teams, Phone, etc.)
- Navigate will show appointment times with your advisor — note that your assigned advisor will be automatically selected
- Select a date and time that works for you, and click Save
Note that advisors may be available for face-to-face or remote (virtual) appointments. Some advisors are not able to meet with students in their offices due to social distancing guidelines, so if you prefer an in-person meeting with your advisor and that option is not currently available in Navigate, please contact your advisor by email (or contact the department at email@example.com) to request accommodation.
Your advisor’s email address is listed on your PAWS account. Please go to your PAWS homepage and click on your advisor’s name at the bottom of your screen.
Advisors will offer some availability to students on a drop-in or as-needed basis during the first two weeks of each Fall and Spring term. Given current COVID-19 recommendations and restrictions, this availability may be virtual, in person, or a combination of modalities. Your advisor will send out a term welcome message indicating their availability, or you can contact them through e-mail (as above).
Walk-in advising hours are designed to assist students with simple questions or problems that could reasonably be addressed in 15 minutes or less, like:
- Questions about important dates or deadlines
- Referral to campus resources
- Questions about making limited adjustments to your current or future class schedule
If you expect that your questions will take some time, or for help with making decisions on course selection, please make a distinct appointment through the process listed at the top of the page.
Prospective, Future, or Returning Students
If you are not a current student but would like to make an appointment with a Pathway Advising academic advisor, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org or at 414-229-4696.
If you’re interested in attending an information session about Pathway Advising, we offer a live session every Friday at 10:30am through Undergraduate Admissions. To sign up, go to the Campus Visit page, then select “Register for a session” under Majors Information Sessions. From there, select your requested date on the calendar, and then select “Pathway Advising.”