ls-requirements to the table for a list of requirements for a given degree/program within the College of Letters and Science.
|Total Biology Credits
|Level 300 & 400 Credits
(15 advanced credits must be taken at UWM)
||Four courses from the following:
- Bio Sci 203
- Bio Sci 372 (take with Bio Sci 354 or 370)
- Bio Sci 383
- Bio Sci 402 (take with Bio Sci 401)
- Bio Sci 539
- Bio Sci 543 (take with Bio Sci 542)
- Bio Sci 544 (take with Bio Sci 542)
- Bio Sci 580
- Bio Sci 150
- Bio Sci 152
- Bio Sci 325
- Either Bio Sci 310 or both Bio Sci 315 and Bio Sci 316
- One of Bio Sci 611, 670, 671, or CES 490 (a senior seminar); Honors 686, 687, or 689 (Honors research, project, or thesis); or Bio Sci 698 or 699 (independent study)
- One semester of college mathematics (Math 105 for a Bachelor of Arts or Math 211, 221, 225/226, or 231 for a Bachelor of Science)
- Physics 120 and 122 or equivalent
- Physics 121 or above
- Survey of organic chemistry with lab (Chem 341, 342) or the two-semester organic sequence with one lab (Chem 343, 344, 345)
- No more than 8 credits in 100-level courses in biological sciences may be applied toward the major, and students may not combine 150, 202, and 203 for more than 9 credits toward the major.
- A combined limit of 6 cr in Bio Sci 290, 695, 697, 698, and 699 counts toward the major.
- Students must attain an average GPA of 2.5 in major courses attempted at UWM. In addition, students must attain at least a 2.5 GPA on all major credits attempted, including any transfer work.
Another way to display a program/degree’s requirements, the requirements shortcode may be used. See L&S Shortcodes > Major/Minor Requirements for information on how to use this shortcode.