For a JAMS major, students must complete the following:
- 36 total JAMS credits (18 credits at 300-level or above)
- JAMS 101: Introduction to Mass Media
- JAMS 201: Media Writing
- 6-9 credits of Additional Any-Level JAMS Electives
- One of three concentrations:
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Media Studies
- 3-6 credits of Additional Upper Level JAMS Electives
- JAMS 461: Media Ethics or JAMS 559: Freedom of Expression in the Digital Age
- A 600-level JAMS course with “Seminar” in the title
- 12 total credits of an Outside Specialty (6 credits at 300-level or above)
For the Current JAMS Requirements starting Fall 2023, click here!
If you declared in Fall 2022 – UWinteriM 2023, click here.
If you declared between Summer 2020 – Summer 2022, please click here.
If you declared from Fall 2018 – Spring 2020, please click here.
If you declared between Fall 2016 – Summer 2018, please click here.
If you declared between Fall 2008 – Summer 2016, please click here.
For pre-2008 requirements, please see your PAWS account, the L&S advising office, or the JAMS office.
To switch to newer or current requirements, please see your College of Letters & Science advisor in Holton 143.
Contact Undergraduate Director Camila Guarda Velasco (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about the Journalism, Advertising, and Media Studies program.