Declaring Your Minor

When to Declare a JAMS Minor

Ideally, you should declare the minor as soon as possible, so as to take advantage of advising in planning the best sequence of upper-level courses.

Please note, most JAMS classes require the completion of JAMS 101: Introduction to Mass Media with a C or better, and JAMS 201: Media Writing with a C or better.

Declaration Process

The first step to declare a minor in JAMS is to fill out and submit the

Declaration of Minor Form »

If you have any questions after submitting your request to declare a minor, contact JAMS Undergraduate Director Camila Guarda Velasco (