Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development
Volunteers are the lifeblood of most nonprofits. Board members are a special type of volunteer. See how they help guide the direction of a nonprofit, promote the organization in the community and ensure that the nonprofit’s mission is fulfilled.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Explain the reasons why people volunteer and how nonprofits can make volunteer programs more successful
- Describe the responsibilities of the nonprofit board
- Discuss different models for organizing a nonprofit board
- Describe the differences between a nonprofit board and a for-profit board
- Explain different approaches for recruiting and filling a nonprofit board
- Discuss the pros and cons of large vs. small boards
- Describe why board evaluations are useful
- Explain why nonprofit boards form committees
- Discuss typical nonprofit board and staff interactions
- Describe how nonprofits can develop and maintain a strong volunteer base
Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Online, course available July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016
Program Number: 7350-8465
Note: Students will have access to the class for 30 days.
Registration Deadline: Thu., June 30, 2016