Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization
Examine budgets and how they are used in nonprofits. Continue with advanced topics such as capital cash flow and opportunity budgets. Understand strategic and tactical budgeting. Learn how nonprofit organizations are using different techniques to handle operating challenges.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Explain the uses and functions of nonprofit budgeting
- Describe the different types of budgets used by a nonprofit organization
- Recognize the use of the organization-wide operating budget and program operating budgets
- Explain how an operating budget is created
- Analyze a nonprofit operating budget through variance analysis
- Describe how a capital budget is used and created
- Explain the importance of a cash flow budget and describe how it is created
- Recognize how the budget process can be managed for optimal results
This workshop is self-paced and online. You will have access to this workshop for 30 days. Upon successful completion, you will receive a University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, School of Continuing Education completion verification.
Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This workshop is intended for adults seeking to gain a basic understanding of budgeting. This workshop is best suited for learners with a basic understanding of finance concepts.