The Future Success Program (FSP) is designed to ensure that students and their parents receive information and academic support services necessary for college admission and completion. FSP provides students with the foundation needed to be successful in high school as well as college. Students in grades 9-12 with a GPA of at least 2.0 will be ensured completion of college prep coursework, registration and completion of the ACT exam, timely submission of college and financial aid applications and scholarship forms. Students will be provided with intense academic advising, tutoring, mentoring, career exploration, test taking and study skills. Students must be committed to the program during the academic year as well as the summer and be interested in applying to a public four year college in Wisconsin upon graduation.
Future Success Academic Year Program – 9th-12th Grade Students
Future Success Program will offer …
- Core Academic Components, Advising, Tutoring and Mentoring
- Leadership Training
- Majors and Careers Exploration
- Exposure to the opportunities and advantages of attending UW-Milwaukee (i.e. academics, student life, sports, organizations and housing)
- Academic and Lifeskills Workshops on select Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30-6pm and Saturdays 11am-1pm
- Guidance and Support Services including:
- Financial Aid
- Admission Requirements
- Grants & Scholarships
- Student & Parent Information Sessions
Summer Future Success Program – 8th-12th Grade Students
- The summer component is designed to be an instructional program for students to be better prepared for their core classes the following school year and to offer college level coursework
- The basic curriculum consists of Math, Science, English and STEM Electives in (Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning, Business/Accounting, Health Sciences, or Spanish)
- Commuter program and bus tickets will be provided
- Students will be offered study skills workshops, a campus visit, tutoring and social field trips
- Interest in developing academic, leadership and social skills
- Consider UWM as an option for post secondary education
- Must have a minimum core GPA of 2.0
- 9th-12th grade in the Fall
- Be mature and responsible
- Willingness to commit to the program during the academic year and summer program
- DPI Scholarships are available for those eligible for free/reduced school lunch
Please Note: Submitting a complete application does not guarantee acceptance into the program. You will be notified by mail of your status.
No Partial applications will be accepted.
How to Register
Please register by mail or call the program office to receive an application …
- Complete the UW Common Registration Form
- Attach the most current report card
- Complete the Record Release & Consent Form
- Complete the Medical Treatment Consent Form and Medical History Form (Part I and II)
- Attach one letter of recommendation from teachers, principals, community leaders, etc.
- Mail all of the above to
Future Success Program
P.O. Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413
Policies and Fees
DPI Scholarships are available. In order to be eligible for the DPI scholarship students will have to be eligible for free or reduced price lunch.
There is a fee assessed for the full academic year and summer for students not eligible for free or reduced price lunch. Please contact program for further information.
Download a brochure for the Future Success Program.
Senior Student Services Coordinator
Mitchell Hall Rm. 109
3203 N Downer Ave.
Milwaukee WI 53211
Future Success Program
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
P.O. Box 413
Milwaukee WI 53201-0413