UWM has a new practice relating to IT procurement. To best address the campus’ growing information technology needs, all information technology-related procurement requests will go through the same standardized process to determine the best route for the purchase.
This new streamlined process gives the campus a single place to go for IT purchasing.
Examples of IT purchases include:
- Laptops, desktops, tablets
- Software that isn’t offered through the UWM Software Shop
- Audiovisual technology
- Monitors, stands, and other accessories
- Enterprise or cloud-hosted software
- Other items: if you aren’t quite sure, please just select “other” or “ask a question” and let us know about your inquiry.
The Purchase Request form for IT purchases can be found here: uwm.edu/technology/purchase-request/.
Once submitted, a Procurement Analyst from Campus Technology Support will contact you to discuss the request. During the review process a team of purchasing, information security, and IT specialists will review the request under the guidelines set forth in the UWM IT Procurement Practice.