Unified Digital Identity
Your digital identity at UWM is made up of three parts, your user name, password and multi-factor authentication. The combined use of these three items ensures the security of your account at UWM.
See the sections below for more information and if you have questions about your digital identity, contact the UWM Help Desk.User Name (ePantherID)
If you are not sure what your user name is or are experiencing issues, contact the UWM Help Desk for assistance.
- Need to change your password? View the password change instructions in the UWM KnowledgeBase.
- Password expired? Take a look at the steps in the UWM KnowledgeBase article about password expiration.
- Forgot your password? Follow the instructions in the UWM KnowledgeBase for password recovery.
Making sure you have a strong, complex, password/phrase is essential to keeping yourself safe online. See the Password Complexity Requirements article for full details of the password requirement. Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing a strong password:
- Use a passphrase- the more characters the better! For tips on how to create a strong passphrase, visit the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency’s webpage
- Use special characters and be creative (“c@r”, “$hell”, “t!me”, etc.).
- Use numbers but stay away from birthdays.
- Never use the same passphrase twice.
- Never use the same passphrase on several different platforms.
You will only see notifications of the expiration on official UWM login pages such as D2L or Canvas. Change your password only thorough an official UWM login page.
If you do not set up the self-service password reset, you will need to contact the UWM Help Desk if you forget your password or for the yearly password update. Because the UWM Help Desk must verify your identity, this can be a time-consuming process. Once you configure the self-service password reset, you can quickly and easily update your password when necessary.
Follow our instructions to set up your self-service password reset.
More information about Sponsored Accounts:
Account information for Emeritus and Annuitants: