UWM retirees who have a continued university relationship as an Emeritus or Annuitant maintain access to certain IT services.
Emeritus/Emerita Status may be awarded to faculty or academic staff by the Chancellor’s office upon retirement. Annuitant Status can be requested for retired employees by their unit’s personnel representative.ePanther Account Services
Retirees may maintain access to UWM email service and many other Microsoft 365 services. Visit our KnowledgeBase article about Microsoft 365 services based on Affiliation for more details.
- These services are available to all emeritus faculty.
- Annuitant access is subject to the Annuitant ePanther Account Terms of Service.
- All accounts will have multi-factor authentication (MFA) enabled. Please see the MFA Faculty & Staff page for setup instructions.
A Teams Voice phone number may be given to a retiree with an ongoing business or University need. The retiree’s former department should make a request for a Teams Voice phone number on behalf of that retiree.
Retirees are not prevented from using UWM computers, however; in many cases, retirees are not provided with a UWM computer to use. Schools & Colleges may allocate computers or funds to purchase computers for retirees as a term of the retirement agreement. Ongoing access to a UWM computer is not offered in all cases. In general, retirees are encouraged to use their personal computers to perform their duties.
- Retirees retain access to UWM email service and many other Microsoft 365 services. For details, see: Microsoft 365 – Microsoft 365 services based on Affiliation.
- Retirees do not have access to Microsoft 365 Desktop Apps (previously Microsoft Office).
- Microsoft Office 2019 may be used by retirees on UWM-owned computers only. This allows for continued access to most functions of the “Microsoft Office” applications. To get Office 2019 on a UWM computer, contact the UWM Help Desk.
- For access to Microsoft Office on a personal computer, discounted sales may be available to retirees through OnTheHub.com.
- Retirees may also use the Office Apps on the Web.
Adobe Creative Cloud
- Retirees do not have access to install Adobe Creative Cloud apps on personal computers.
- Retirees may use the Adobe Creative Cloud “shared device licenses” (commonly called SDL) on UWM-owned computers. To request installation of Creative Cloud SDL on a UWM-owned computer, contact the UWM Help Desk.
- For access to Adobe Creative Cloud apps on a personal computer for retirees, discounted sales may be available through OnTheHub.com.
In general, if a retiree does not have access to a UWM-owned computer, access to UWM-owned software is limited. For many software titles, the terms of UWM’s software license prevents installation of the software on any computer that is not owned by UWM.
Schools & Colleges may allocate software licenses or funds to purchase computers to Emeriti as a term of the retirement agreement. Ongoing access to software is not offered in all cases.