- This training presentation provides proper safety procedures if you have an x-ray unit in your laboratory.
- This training presentation provides continuing education to Radiation Workers, Lab Workers and Authorized Users.
- The license issued to UWM by the State of Wisconsin require all users of radioactive material and individuals who work in laboratories where radioactive material are used to complete initial and on-going radiation safety training. The goal is to provide each individual with information needed to work safely with or around radioactive materials. Annual refresher training is required everyone currently working in laboratories where radioactive materials are used. This training, in conjunction with the associated quiz, will serve as refresher training for the year. Your quiz will be submitted to the Radiation Safety Office upon completion.
Radiation Safety Manuals
Radiation Safety for Laboratory Workers (PDF format for printing)
- This training manual is for Radiation Workers who actively work with radioactive materials or radiation producing machines.
- This training manual is also for Laboratory Workers who work in radionuclide laboratories, but will NOT handle or work with radioactive materials.
Guide to the Safe Use of Radionuclides at the University of Wisconsin (PDF format for printing)
- This training manual is for Authorized Users whose written application for authorization to possess and use radioactive materials has been approved by the Department of Health Services.
- This training manual is for users of radiation producing equipment at UWM.
Radiation Safety Resources
- How to Perform a Meter Survey Handout
- Proper Use for Personnel Monitoring Devices handout
- Safe Use of Lead Shielding Handout
- Sealed Source Information