- Professor Emeritus, Computer Science
Dr. Suzuki’s research included computational geometry and distributed robotics. The latter aims to coordinate multiple robots to expand the range of tasks they can accomplish, through new computational models and efficient algorithms.
- D.E., Osaka University, Japan, November 1983
- Theoretical foundation of computer science
- T. Kameda, M. Yamashita and I. Suzuki, “On-line polygon search by a seven-state boundary 1-searcher,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, Vol. 22, No. 3, June 2006, pp. 446-460.
- E. Mc Dermid, C. Cheng and I. Suzuki, “Hardness results on the man-exchange stable marriage problem with short preference lists,” Information Processing Letters, Vol. 101, No. 1, January 2007, pp. 13–19.
- Dumitrescu, I. Suzuki and P. Zylinski, “Offline variants of the ‘Lion and Man’ problem — Some problems and techniques for measuring crowdedness and for safe path planning,” Theoretical Computer Science, Vol. 399, June 2008, pp. 220-235.
- Cheng, E. Mc Dermid and I. Suzuki, “A unified approach to finding good stable matchings in the hospitals/residents setting,” Theoretical Computer Science, Vol. 400, 2008, pp. 84-99.
- M. Yamashita and I. Suzuki, “Characterizing geometric patterns formable by oblivious anonymous mobile robots,” Theoretical Computer Science, Vol. 41, 2010, pp. 2433– 2453.
- Dumitrescu, H. Kok, I. Suzuki and P. Zylinski, “Vision-based pursuit-evasion in a grid,” SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, Vol. 24, Issue 3, 2010, pp. 1177–1204.
- Cheng and I. Suzuki, “Weak sense of direction labelings and graph embeddings,” Discrete Applied Mathematics, Vol. 159, 2011, pp. 303–310.
- Kosowski, I. Suzuki and P. Zylinski, “A point set connection problem for autonomous mobile robots in a grid,” Computing and Informatics, Vol. 31, No. 2, 2012.
- D. Dereniowski, H. Ono, I. Suzuki, L. Wrona, M. Yamashita and P. Zylinski, “The searchlight problem for road networks,” Theoretical Computer Science, Vol. 591, pp. 28–59, 2015.
- C. Cheng, E. McDermid, I. Suzuki, “Eccentricity, center and radius computations on the cover graphs of distributive lattices with applications to stable matchings,” Discrete Applied Mathematics 205, pp. 27–34, 2016.
- T. Kameda, I. Suzuki, M. Yamashita, “An alternative proof for the equivalence of ∞-searcher and 2-searcher,” Theoretical Computer Science 634, pp. 108–119, 2016.