Priyatha Premnath, Ph.D.
- AIHS Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2019, Bone and Joint Health, University of Calgary
- Ph.D., 2014, Mechanical Engineering, Ryerson University
- M.S., 2010, Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University
- B.S., 2009, Biomedical Instrumentation and Engineering, S.R.M. University
- Biomechanics and mechanobiology of osteogenesis
- Bone biology
- Fabrication of osteogenesis-mimicking functional biomaterials
- Development of long-lasting treatments for injury and disease based on regenerative medicine approaches
- Saleem Abubacker, Priyatha Premnath, Anchita Shonak, Catherine Leonard, Sophia Shah, Ying Zhu, Gregory D Jay, Tannin A. Schmidt, Steven Boyd, Roman Krawetz. 2019. Absence of proteoglycan 4 (Prg4) leads to increased subchondral bone porosity which can be mitigated through intra-articular injection of PRG4. Journal of orthopaedic research. Journal of Orthopaedic Research.
- Priyatha Premnath, Leah Ferrie, Dante Louie, Steven Boyd, Roman Krawetz. 2019. Absence of p21(WAF1/CIP1/SDI1) protects against osteopenia and minimizes bone loss after ovariectomy in a mouse model. PLOS ONE 14 (4).
- Priyatha Premnath, Britta Jorgenson, Ricarda Hess, Pankaj Tailor, Dante Louie, Steven Boyd, Roman Krawetz. p21-/- mice exhibit enhanced bone regeneration after injury. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 18 (1), 435.
- Amirhossein Tavangar*, Priyatha Premnath*, Bo Tan, Krishnan Venkatakrishnan. Noble Hybrid Nanostructures as Efficient Anti-Proliferative Platforms for Human Breast Cancer Cell. ACS Applied materials & Interfaces 8 (16), 10253. (*Equal first authorship)
- Priyatha Premnath, Bo Tan, Krishnan Venkatakrishnan. Ultrafast laser functionalized rare phased gold-silicon/silicon oxide nanostructured hybrid biomaterials. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 136, 828.
- Priyatha Premnath*, Amirhossein Tavangar*, Bo Tan, Krishnan Venkatakrishnan. Tuning cell adhesion by direct nanostructuring silicon into cell repulsive/adhesive patterns. ExperimentalCell Research 337 (1), 44. (*Equal first authorship)
- Priyatha Premnath, Bo Tan, Krishnan Venkatakrishnan. Engineering functionalized multi-phased silicon/silicon oxide biomaterials to passivate the aggressive proliferation of cancer. Scientific Reports 5,12141.
- Priyatha Premnath, Bo Tan, KrishnanVenkatakrishnan. Programming cancer through phase transformed functionalized silicon based intelligent biomaterials. Scientific Reports, 5, 10826.
- Priyatha Premnath, Bo Tan, Krishnan Venkatakrishnan. Programming cell fate on bio-fucntionalized silicon. Colloids and surfaces: Biointerfaces, 128, 100.
- Priyatha Premnath, Bo Tan, Krishnan Venkatakrishnan. 2014. Nanostructured hybrid of immiscible gold and silicon and its effect on proliferation and adhesion of fibroblasts and osteoblasts. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology 10 (6), 106.
- Priyatha Premnath, Bo Tan, Krishnan Venkatakrishnan. 2013. Direct patterning of free standing three dimensional silicon nanofibrous network to facilitate multi-dimensional growth of fibroblasts and osteoblasts. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology 9 (11), 1875.
- Priyatha Premnath, Bo Tan, Krishnan Venkatakrishnan. 2012. Bioactive interlinked extracellular matrix-like silicon nano-network fabricated by femtosecond laser synthesis. BioResearch Open Access Volume 1 (5), 231.