- Engineering & Mathematical Sciences 379B
- Associate Dean for Research, Engineering & Applied Science Office of the Dean
As associate dean for research, Dr. Graettinger continues to build on UWM’s R1 status and the college’s work to advance the frontier of technology, enhance the economic growth and vitality of the region and provide world-class research opportunities and experience for our students. Before beginning his role here, Dr. Graettinger served as professor and director of graduate programs at the University of Alabama’s Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering.
Dr. Graettinger has worked on over $7.5 million in funded research focused on applying geographic information system technology to solve complex spatial problems in the field of civil engineering. His most recent research projects included those that developed spatial tools to accurately collect infrastructure characteristics, analyzed big data sets that contained both time and space elements, and improved organizational information handling for large agencies.
- PhD, 1998, Civil Engineering, Northwestern University
- MS, 1994, Civil Engineering, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- BA, 1989, Geography, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- Community resilience after extreme events
- Sustainability in geotechnical engineering
- 3D printing and additive manufacturing