- Engineering & Mathematical Sciences
- Professor Emerit, Mechanical Engineering
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, 1990
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1988
- BTech, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, 1985
Anoop Dhingra retired August 31, 2021. He taught undergraduate and graduate courses in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He has published extensively in the areas of design optimization, inverse methods for load recovery, and computational kinematics. He served as the primary advisor for 80 graduate students (MS and PhD) and serves on the editorial board of several journals.
- Design Optimization
- Inverse Methods
- Vibration Control
- Game theory
- S.K. Hasan and A.K. Dhingra, “An Adaptive Controller for Human Lower Extremity Exoskeleton Robot,” Microsystem Technologies, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00542-020-05207-8, 2021
- S.K. Hasan and A.K. Dhingra, "8 Degrees of Freedom Human Lower Extremity Kinematic and Dynamic Model Development and Control for Exoskeleton Robot Based Physical Therapy," International Journal of Dynamics and Control, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 867-886, 2020.
- S.K. Hasan and A.K. Dhingra, “Development of a Fuzzy Logic Controller for Real-time energy Optimization of a Hybrid Vehicle,” Journal of Mechatronics and Robotics, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 236-253, 2020.
- S.K. Hasan and A.K. Dhingra, “Development of Human Lower Extremity Kinematic and Dynamic Models for Exoskeleton Robot Based Physical Therapy,” International Journal of Modelling, Identification and Control, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 245 – 264, 2020.
- H. Altammar, A.K. Dhingra, and N. Salowitz, “Damage Detection Using d15 Piezoelectric Sensors in a Laminate Beam Undergoing Three-point Bending,” Actuators, Vol. 8, number 4, 2019. https://doi.org/10.3390/act8040070
- H. Altammar, A.K. Dhingra, and N. Salowitz, “Initial Study of Internally Embedded Shear Mode Piezoelectric Transducers for Detection of Joint Defects in Laminate Structures,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 30, No. 14, pp. 2314-2330, 2019.
- H.M. Alqam and A.K. Dhingra, “Motion Transmissibility for Load Identification Based on Optimum Sensor Placement, Shock and Vibration, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/7810686
- M. Alqam and A.K. Dhingra, “Frequency Response-Based Indirect Load Identification Using Optimum Placement of Strain Gages and Accelerometers,” ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, Vol. 141, No. 3, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4042709
- D.K. Gupta and A.K. Dhingra, “Dynamic Programming Approach to Load Estimation Using Optimal Sensor Placement and Model Reduction,” International Journal of Computational Methods, Vol. 15, No. 8, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219876218500718
- H. Altammar, A.K. Dhingra, and N. Salowitz “Ultrasonic Sensing and Actuation in Laminate Structures using Bondline-Embedded d35 Piezoelectric Sensors,” Invited paper, Sensors, Vol. 18, No. 11, 2018. https://doi.org/10.3390/s18113885
- Michael Danyluk and Anoop Dhingra, Rolling contact fatigue in a vacuum – Test Equipment and Coating Analysis, ISBN: 978-3-319-11929-8, Springer Verlag, 2015.
Awards, Honors and Societies
- Organizer/Volunteer – Sunday School (Gurukul) for Youth and Adults, Milwaukee, WI
- Member Board of Directors – Radha Madhav Society, Duluth, GA
- Election Officer – Hindu Temple of Wisconsin, Pewaukee, WI