Our purpose is to provide collaborative, mentoring relationships which promote educational, career, and professional development.
We value a student-centered, holistic, and ethical approach based on strong partnerships with students, faculty and staff, and the larger campus community. We are committed to creating a respectful and supportive environment. We encourage students to be self-reliant through informed decisions and choices based upon dissemination of accurate information. We value our own continuous professional development to enhance the quality of the advising experience.
COVID-19 Update for the Office of Student Services
In accordance with campus directives, staff members in the Office of Student Services are now working remotely. You are encouraged to direct questions to staff members over email, or you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advising appointments will now be taking place over phone or video. If you would like to change an existing appointment or schedule a new advising appointment, you can do so online using Navigate or by calling (414) 229-4721 and leaving a voicemail message.
Walk-in advising hours are cancelled for the foreseeable future, and these hours each week are now dedicated to traditional advising appointments. All questions can be directed to (414) 229-4721. Please leave a voicemail and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
The schedule of classes is now available on the UWM Schedule of Classes webpage and on PAWS.
Information about Enrollment Appointments can be found on the One Stop Enrollment Appointments webpage.
Quick Questions & Course Recommendations: As always, your advisor can assist with quick questions via email. As an added service, you can request an updated Academic Plan in lieu of an advising appointment. After your advisor receives your request, they will send you an updated academic plan with course recommendations within five business days. Your advisor can be found on your PAWS Student Center.
To request an updated academic plan from our advisor, click on their name below:
Phone Appointments: If you have additional questions beyond course recommendations, advisors are available for Microsoft Teams video appointments or for phone appointments. You can schedule an appointment with your advisor through Navigate. Instructions are found HERE. Please note – all phone appointments will come from a blocked/restricted phone number, so please be sure to answer!
COVID-19 Related Student Resources
Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction: The Student Success Center remains committed to offering tutoring and Supplemental Instruction for the courses they currently support. Tutoring and SI sessions will be offered live online. For more information, visit the Student Success Center website.
NetTutor is also available for online support. To access NetTutor, visit the NetTutor Account Registration webpage or access it through your Canvas course site.
Academic, Financial, Food & Housing, Health/Medical Support: UWM Student Handbook COVID-19 Related Student Resources
We appreciate your flexibility during this time and we know you may be feeling anxious about these changes. Please let your advisor know how they can help. We encourage you to carefully monitor your UWM email and reach out to your professors and TAs to discuss any concerns you may have.
Remember we are here to provide you with guidance and support along the way!
Your School of Education Advising Team,
Andrea, Tammy, Tyree, Nikki, and Kristin
How To Prepare for an Advising Meeting
- Review your Advisement Report in PAWS.
- Come prepared with questions or topics for discussion.
- Make a list of courses you think you should take.
- Investigate opportunities to experience the job you want.
- Keep a record of your academic progress.
- Understand you are ultimately responsible for creating your educational, life, and career plans.
- Maintain honest and open communication with your advisor.
- Take responsibility for choices you make as a student and member of the University community.
If you are pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree, you will be assigned a faculty advisor at the time of admission. Please contact your academic department for more information.
Scheduling an Appointment
Office of Student Services
Enderis Hall, Room 209
General Questions/Appointments: (414) 229-4721
Transfer Student Not Yet Enrolled at UWM?
If you are attending a different college or university and would like to transfer to UWM to study in the School of Education and have questions, please connect with our Office of Student Services at (414) 229-4721 or at email@example.com.
Undergraduate & Post-baccalaureate Advisor List & Program Affiliation
- Community Engagement and Education (CEED) (last names M-Z)
- Early Childhood Education (Last names A-L)
- Early Adolescence – Adolescence Mathematics Education (Last names A-L)
- Early Adolescence – Adolescence Science Education (Last names A-L)
- Early Childhood Special Education (last names A-L)
- Reading Specialist (last names A-L)
- Reading Teacher (last names A-L)
- Early Adolescence – Adolescence English Education (last names A-L)
- Early Adolescence – Adolescence Mathematics Education (last names M-Z)
- Early Adolescence – Adolescence Science Education (last names M-Z)
- Early Adolescence – Adolescence Social Studies Education (last names A-L)
- Elementary Education (last names M-Z)
- Community Engagement and Education (CEED) (last names A-L)
- Early Adolescence – Adolescence Social Studies Education (Last names M-Z)
- Education Intended/Undecided (last names M-Z)
- K4-12 Special Education (last names M-Z)
- Reading Specialist (last names M-Z)
- Reading Teacher (last names M-Z)
- American Sign Language (ASL) Studies (last names M-Z)
- Early Childhood – Adolescence Second Language Education (last names M-Z)
- Bilingual Education
- English as a Second Language
- World Languages
- Early Childhood Education (Last names M-Z)
- Early Childhood Special Education (last names M-Z)
- Early Adolescence – Adolescence English Education (Last names M-Z)
- Interpreter Training Program (last names M-Z)
- American Sign Language (ASL) Studies (last names A-L)
- Early Childhood – Adolescence Second Language Education (last names A-L)
- Bilingual Education
- English as a Second Language
- World Languages
- Education Intended/Undecided (last names A-L)
- Elementary Education (last names A-L)
- Interpreter Training Program (last names A-L)
- K4-12 Special Education (last names A-L)
If you are a School of Education graduate student, you may schedule an appointment with your faculty advisor by contacting your faculty advisor directly. Faculty contact information can be found in the People Directory. Your faculty advisor will be listed in your PAWS account. If you are unsure who your advisor is, please contact the Office of Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).