Pursue creativity and your degree with Peck School GER courses
The Peck School’s artist faculty teach dozens of courses each semester that help UWM students develop skills for life and earn GER credit. Learn to dance like everyone’s watching, design digitally, take great photos, sing with confidence or speak with conviction.
Developing new competencies while working toward your degree offers mind-body benefits, as well. Scientific studies indicate that creative activities can help our bodies and our brains do their best work:
- Regulating stress
- Improving memory and cognition
- Boosting our body’s immune response
From Beginning Ceramics to Salsa Merengue and American Popular Music to Digital Cinema and the Computer, there’s a GER course in the Peck School for every UWM undergrad. Which one will you choose?
Minors and Certificates in the Arts
For questions, or to declare a minor/certificate, please complete the PSOA advising office contact form.
- Art & Design Minor: Design
- Art & Design Minor: Photography
- Art & Design Minor: Studio Arts
- Arts Integration and Learning, Undergraduate Certificate
- Community Arts, Undergraduate Certificate
- Digital Fabrication & Design, Undergraduate Certificate
- Dance Performance, Minor
- Dance Pilates, Undergraduate Certificate
- Dance Somatics, Minor
- Film, Video, Animation and New Genres, Minor
- Music, Minor
- Theatre, Minor
Arts Elective Courses for PSOA Majors
Current Peck School of the Arts students are encourages to select from these selected courses to meet core curriculum requirements outside or your specific arts area. Consult your curriculum sheet and Student Services Academic Advisor for credit and additional requirements.