Director of Educational Programming
Hermann-Grima + Gallier Historic Houses
Exhibition Curator, African Heritage of New Orleans: 300 Years in the Making, Holdings from Amistad Research Center, Xavier University of New Orleans, The Historic New Orleans Collection, Louisiana Creole Research Association, Louisiana Research Collection, Southern University at New Orleans and Louisiana State Museum, June 1, 2018-December 8, 2018
K-12 African American history curriculum, author: https://www.amistadresearchcenter.org/aotg
Assistant Professor of History
Quinsigamond Community College
- Published book chapter “Vodou in North America: Healing One Person, Healing the Universe” with Patrick Bellegarde-Smith in Multicultural Approaches to Health and Wellness in America, Volume 1, Regan A.R. Gurung, Ed. (New York: Praeger, 2014).
- Visiting Lecturer in Brandeis University’s Department of African & African American Studies, 2015-16
- Published article “Evolution of the Subversive Ghanaian: A Review of Gold Coast Colonial Historiography” in Traversea, 2015.
- Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of History, Quinsigamond Community College (Worcester, Massachusetts), 2016 to present
- Panel Chair, “Legitimizing and Defining Nationhood”, African Studies Association Conference, 2018
- Visiting Lecturer of History, Clark University (Worcester, Massachusetts), January 2019 to present
Visiting Assistant Professor of History,
Perry, Charmane M. 2014. “Invasion from the South: Social Construction of the Haitian ‘Other’ in The Bahamas.” International Journal of Bahamian Studies, 20(1): 1-12.
Collaborator/Content Developer for “My Sherman Park” documentary at the Milwaukee-based non-profit Safe & Sound, 2018.
Visiting Scholar, African American Studies
University of Houston
- Conyers, J.L, Edwards, C.L, and Thompson, K. African Americans in Higher Education: A Critical Study of Social and Philosophical Foundations of Africana Culture. Myers Publishing, ME. Forthcoming.
- Edwards, C.L. Black girls experiencing their intersectional identities in schools: HER-Story. Maryland: Lexington Books. Forthcoming.
- Edwards, C. L., & Scott, A. J. (2018). Why Decoloniality? In J. L. Conyers (Ed.), Africana Methodologies. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, TX.
Maxime Sarah Mianzokouna