Anastacia Scott (Ph.D.)
Director of Educational Programming
Hermann-Grima + Gallier Historic Houses
Exhibition Curator, African Heritage of New Orleans: 300 Years in the Making, Holdings from Amistad Research Center, Xavier University of New Orleans, The Historic New Orleans Collection, Louisiana Creole Research Association, Louisiana Research Collection, Southern University at New Orleans and Louisiana State Museum, June 1, 2018-December 8, 2018
K-12 African American history curriculum, author: https://www.amistadresearchcenter.org/aotg
Benjamin Wendorf (Ph.D.)
Assistant Professor of History
Quinsigamond Community College, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Published book chapter “Vodou in North America: Healing One Person, Healing the Universe” with Patrick Bellegarde-Smith in Multicultural Approaches to Health and Wellness in America, Volume 1, Regan A.R. Gurung, Ed. (New York: Praeger, 2014).
- Visiting Lecturer in Brandeis University’s Department of African & African American Studies, 2015-16
- Published article “Evolution of the Subversive Ghanaian: A Review of Gold Coast Colonial Historiography” in Traversea, 2015.
- Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of History, Quinsigamond Community College (Worcester, Massachusetts), 2016 to present
- Panel Chair, “Legitimizing and Defining Nationhood”, African Studies Association Conference, 2018
- Visiting Lecturer of History, Clark University (Worcester, Massachusetts), January 2019 to present
Charmane Perry (Ph.D.)
Assistant Professor of African American Studies,
The University of Alabama, Birmingham
Perry, Charmane M. 2014. “Invasion from the South: Social Construction of the Haitian ‘Other’ in The Bahamas.” International Journal of Bahamian Studies, 20(1): 1-12.
Collaborator/Content Developer for “My Sherman Park” documentary at the Milwaukee-based non-profit Safe & Sound, 2018.
Crystal Edwards (Ph.D.)
Visiting Scholar, African American Studies
University of Houston, Texas
- Conyers, J.L, Edwards, C.L, and Thompson, K. African Americans in Higher Education: A Critical Study of Social and Philosophical Foundations of Africana Culture. Myers Publishing, ME. Forthcoming.
- Edwards, C.L. Black girls experiencing their intersectional identities in schools: HER-Story. Maryland: Lexington Books. Forthcoming.
- Edwards, C. L., & Scott, A. J. (2018). Why Decoloniality? In J. L. Conyers (Ed.), Africana Methodologies. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, TX.
Crystal Ellis (Ph.D.)
Majeed Abdul Rahman (MA)
- Rahman Majeed A. “Industrial Policy: Promising Possibilities for African Economic Growth and Development.” In Social Evolution & History Edited by Carol Ijeoma Njoku, Dmitri M. Bondarenko and E.C. Ejiogu, Pages 108-122. Moscow: Uchitel Publishing house, March 2018.
- Rahman, Majeed “Human Trafficking in the era of Globalization: The Case of Trafficking women in the Global Market Economy” Global Studies Journal Transcience 2.1 (2011) pp1-18
- Rahman, Majeed “The Geopolitics of Water in the Nile River Basin” Online Global Research: Center for Research on Globalization July 2012
- Rahman, Majeed “Water Security: Ethiopia-Egypt Transboundary Challenges Over the Nile River Basin.” Journal of Asian African Studies (JAAS) 48.1 (2012). Pp35-46
Maxime Sarah Mianzokouna (Ph.D.)