Home and Garden: Can Urban Agriculture Save our Neighborhoods?
Thursday, November 20th
4 pm – 6:30 pm
UWM Edith S. Hefter Conference Center
3271 N. Lake Drive, Milwaukee WI
The goal of the panel is to discuss the impact of urban agriculture and community gardens on neighborhoods and housing. What is working? What are the limitations?
Dr. Jennifer Jordan, Sociology and Urban Studies, UWM
Panelists: (See videos, below)
- Sharon and Larry Adams, Walnut Way Conservation Corp.
- Dr. Michael Carriere, History, MSOE
- Antoine Carter, Program Manager, Milwaukee UrbanGardens
- Tim McCollow, HomeGrown Project Manager, City of Milwaukee
- LaDonna Redmond, Campaign for Food Justice Now, Minneapolis