The testing center is located in NWQB 7575. The Red elevators are the closest to 7575 (the Orange and Yellow elevators also go to 7th floor, on the other end)
The Testing Center provides the UWM campus with exam and evaluation processing services. Our Center provides scanning services, scoring and statistical analysis of exams and evaluations.
General Email: Testingcenter@uwm.edu
Course Evaluations Email: email@example.com
Services provided:Course Evaluations
The Testing Center provides course evaluation services to departments. Our services include help with survey development, data processing, and generating statistical reports including frequency, mean, median, mode and standard deviation.
Request Evaluation Service
You must complete and submit the Evaluation Processing Request.This request must be submitted to the Testing Center by the add deadline for the semester. After processing the evaluations, reports are shared via SharePoint. Only individuals with share permission will be able to access the reports. Evaluation data will be kept on file in the Testing Center for a period of two years. After that time, the data will no longer be available, and revisions cannot be made after that time. If you anticipate accessing reports after that time you will need to save them in your own directory.
The required format must be followed to ensure accuracy and timely turn-around. If you are planning to change the format of your departmental evaluations, you must contact Lisa Fugina Russell in the Testing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org the semester prior to implementation.
Online Evaluation Services
Sending Course Evaluations
Two weeks before final exams, the Testing Center will send out an email to students with a link to the evaluation. This email can include any incentive options made available to the students. It is helpful for instructors to alert their students beforehand that the email is coming and to encourage them to complete the evaluation and remind them that evaluations are confidential and used to improve instruction. Midway through the evaluation period, the Testing Center will send students a reminder to complete the evaluation.
Sharing Evaluation Results
Evaluation reports will be processed and shared after grades have been submitted through SharePoint.
Please contact the Testing Center at Testingcenter@uwm.edu with any questions.
Requesting Exam Processing Service
Please make sure that exam requests are submitted well in advance.
- The Request Form will need to be completed at least three calendar weeks in advance.
- The request form must be completed prior to dropping off completed exam sheets. Exams dropped off before a request form has been completed will have significant processing delay.
- Given the need to provide timely feedback to students, it is strongly encouraged that instructors use other testing formats. Canvas functionality can be used for instructor-managed testing, with much more immediate response and processing. Please check with CETL for other online or electronic options.
All exams require a key sheet. This sheet must have the correct answers filled in.
- Darken in the circles for each correct answer. Make sure that all marks are dark and completely fill the circles.
- Write “key” and the professor’s name in the Name Field. Do not darken the circles for the name.
- Answer sheets should have the student name bubbled in.
- Answer sheets must be filled out with a #2 pencil in order to be read by the scanner. Answer sheets filled out in ink will not receive results.
- Do not make marks along the left hand edge or the bottom of the sheet.
- Face all answer sheets in the same direction.
- Do not fold, bend, or staple the sheets.
- Keep the sheets flat and dry.
- Creased or wrinkled answer sheets may not be scannable.
Multiple Sections: If you have a multiple section test, where you have more than one key and one version of the test, keep the sections separate. When you complete the Request form indicate the number of sections. Each section will produce separate reports.
Excel files include name, ID, total score, responses, special codes, number correct, percentile, percent score.
Statistical files include the following reports:
- Class Frequency Distribution Report (pdf)
- Condensed Test Report (pdf)
- Student Grade Report (pdf)
- Test Item Statistics Report (pdf)
- Detailed Item Analysis Report (pdf)
- Test Statistics Report (pdf)
- Student Statistics Report (pdf)
- Condensed Item Analysis Report (pdf)
Exam reports will be shared through SharePoint. You will receive an email with a link to your department folder.
Answer sheet pick up. An authorized representative must pick up the answer sheet sheets. We do not send exams materials through inter-campus mail as that compromises test security. You or the representative will need to present a valid photo ID. Answer sheets that are not picked up from the Testing Center at the end of the semester will be shredded.
Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning’s (CETL’s) Learning Technology Consultants Supporting instructors’ use of learning technologies. If you need assistance or have questions about using Canvas you will find the help you need on their website.
For assistance in managing your SharePoint folder, please review the tutorial (pdf).