There are several ways to access Microsoft Teams. In order to utilize the full functionality of Teams, University IT Services recommends the following methods:
- The Teams Desktop Application
- The Teams Mobile App
You can also access Teams online when logging into Office 365 (selecting the Teams app) but it is highly recommended that you download and use the desktop application instead. The web version will not allow full functionality within teams and channels as well as limit headset and other device settings.
If you haven’t downloaded the desktop app, our video below will walk you through the process of downloading the desktop app through Office 365. These steps will work on a personal or university-provided device. There are also instructions below for university-provided devices and for the Teams Mobile App.
To download Microsoft Teams:
- Install with Office 365: https://kb.uwm.edu/68156
- Install with Windows: https://kb.uwm.edu/67640
- Install with Mac OS: https://kb.uwm.edu/65019
- Install with Mobile Android App: https://kb.uwm.edu/59402
- Install with Mobile IOS App: https://kb.uwm.edu/84466
If you have any questions regarding Teams, please call the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or visit uwm.edu/helpdesk.