What are the STAR Awards?
STAFF THAT ARE REMARKABLE
A long-standing tradition in the UWM Division of Student Affairs revolves around the recognition of professional staff who have made significant impact on students and colleagues. Awarding remarkable performers at all levels within the organization, as well as remarkable initiatives and efforts,, reinforces our divisional values and is a powerful motivator.
Team Player – Recognizes individual(s)who display extraordinary integrity and generosity toward the team and other campus departments/units, often putting the success of the team above their own.
- Tima Guled (Dean of Students)
Hidden Gems – Recognizes individual(s), who participate in the success of a unit, department, or Division, but their contributions are often behind the scenes, unnoticed, or unrecognized by others.
- Natalie Benavides (Student Involvement)
- Ty Stahl (University Housing)
Goes the Extra Mile – Recognize an outstanding employee that consistently goes above and beyond for their department/unit, Division of Student Affairs, and/or UWM.
- James “Groovy” Cocroft (Military and Veterans Resource Center (MAVRC))
- Alexandria Dorshorst (Dean of Students)
Student Advocate – Recognize someone who continuously advocates for students.
- Dominique (Domo) Smith (Dean of Students)
It Takes a Village – Program, Service, or Initiative – Recognize groups of individuals who have worked together to achieve a particular success. If individuals from outside the division were involved in a Student Affairs team effort, please do not hesitate to name these team members so that they may be recognized.
- Assessment Committee: Andrew Thimmesch, Stephanie Coryell, Lori Bokowy, Bridget Fish, Dominique Smith, Krystal McCain, Sarah Edmondson, Jess Wener (grad)