Welcome to UW-Milwaukee TRIO Student Support Services Program
*New Freshman for 2023-2024 can download an application HERE!
Submit completed & signed applications to Mitchell Hall 135
Student Support Services Program (SSS) at UW-Milwaukee works closely with students to develop comprehensive collegiate and professional success skills. We are supported by the U.S. Department of Education TRIO Grant to serve 250 participant students each year with $364,535 in annual grant funding between 2020-2025.
What SSS at UWM can do for YOU! 🙌🏻🙌🏽🙌🏿
Consistent with UWM’s urban research and access mission, our SSS Program provides structure to help SSS students successfully navigate their path to a degree and career by:
- Proactive holistic coaching
- Individualized personal, career, and academic counseling
- Financial aid advising and referrals
- Career & degree guidance and referrals
- Tutoring referrals
- Professional development including –
- Financial and economic literacy
- Resume/CV preparation
- Networking & graduate school opportunities
- SSS-exclusive computer lab access with free printing
- Supplemental grant aid
- Free laptop loans
- Summer bridge program
We want to work very closely with you to ensure you have the most positive experiences during your studies at UW-Milwaukee and beyond! We work along with our campus partners to provide academic services and foster a supportive campus environment in order to retain and graduate low-income, first generation and/or disabled college students.