Incoming SSS Panthers Summer/Fall 2022
Welcome Incoming 2022 UWM SSS Students! Please view below and email your SSS Coach!
The TRIO SSS program mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access. Its two main purposes are to:
- Increase the college retention, persistence and graduation rates of program participants; and
- Foster a climate supportive of the success of students whose parents did not complete a four year college degree and/or are disabled and/or whose family income may hinder them from remaining in college without financial assistance to receive the full range of services and opportunities at UW-Milwaukee
Student Support Services Program (SSS) is funded by the U.S. Department of Education to provide academic support services for eligible students at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Our SSS program is one of seven federally-funded, early outreach, student service programs from the Federal TRIO Grant Programs.
Other UWM TRIO Programs Include:
- Upward Bound
- Upward Bound Math & Science
- Veterans Upward Bound
- Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)
- Ronald E. McNair Post-baccalaureate Achievement Program
UW-Milwaukee is one of very few universities nationwide that have most TRIO Programs spanning from middle school to post-baccalaureate education! There are 1,149 SSS programs nationwide with 28 in Wisconsin.