The Financial Aid Office has joined the Registrar and Bursar Offices on the web to bring you one place to find answers to many of your enrollment and finance questions!
If you’ve got questions about financial aid, try looking through the various pages in the “Finances” section of our website! If you’re not sure where to look, try our virtual Q&A tool, Ask Pounce below! After all of that, if you’ve still got questions, use the “Send an E-mail to Financial Aid” link below!
If you’re a student, click here to let us know.
If you’re a donor, click here to let us know.
Would you like us to post your Private Scholarship?
Click here to let us know.
Use this form to request a presentation or our presence at an event you are hosting!
We know that planning for financial aid involvement at your event can be complicated. So below are the example presentation topics that we can cover and the time frames we generally need. We will work with you to customize as needed.
- Full financial aid presentation (50-60 minutes): covers FAFSA filing, costs of attending college, fund types available, scholarships, and important dates and deadlines students and their families should know.
- General Financial Aid Presentation (30 minutes): covers costs of attending college, fund types available, scholarships, and important dates and deadlines students and their families should know.
- Express Financial Aid Presentation (20 minutes): costs of attending college and important dates and deadlines students and their families should know.
Deadline: Please make your request as soon as possible. Note that requests made within two weeks of a weekday event and within one month of a weekend event may not be fulfilled. We do our best to staff as many requests as we can; however staff availability may be limited during certain times of the year.
Once your request is submitted, you should receive confirmation of your submission. Generally a staff member will reach out to you within 24-48 hours of submission as well.
Talk with Us
We have dedicated staff monitoring our phone line, front desk, and e-mail inbox. If you have a question, you can often get it answered quickly by calling, stopping in, or using the contact form above.
Schedule an Appointment
When we’re not offering walk-in advising, an appointment is required to meet with a financial aid advisor in person or over the phone. If you’re unsure whether or not you need an appointment, please call our office and we can assist you in making that determination based on your campus location.
If you believe you would best be served by meeting with an advisor in person or over the phone, please see where to schedule an appointment based on campus location below.
- For appointments at the Main Milwaukee campus: Schedule yourself an appointment. Walk-ins are offered on Wednesdays at the Main Campus Financial Aid Office-please see details below.
- For Appointments at the Washington County campus: Financial Aid staff are generally available on Tuesdays on a walk-in basis (first come, first serve). Please check-in at the Solution Center Desk for a Walk-In Appointment.
- For Appointments at the Waukesha County campus: Financial Aid staff are generally available on Thursdays on a walk-in basis (first come, first serve). Please check-in at the Solution Center Desk for a Walk-In Appointment.
Walk-In Advising Hours at the Milwaukee Campus
In preparation for Spring 2020, we have stopped scheduled appointments in favor of increased walk in availability.
Find our walk in availability below:
January 13-17, 2020
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
January 20-24, 2020
Monday: Office Closed
Tuesday-Friday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Extended Advising Hours (4:00 pm – 5:30 pm) available on the following dates:
Monday January 13
Tuesday January 21
How to Reach Us
Monday: 8AM – 6PM (when classes are in session)
Tuesday – Friday: 8AM – 4:30PM
*The office will be closed Thursday, November 28 and Friday, November 29. We will also be closed December 24-25 and December 31-January 1.
Phone: (414) 229-4541 – Press ‘6’, to speak to an advisor and/or to make an appointment.
Fax: (414) 229-5699 – most requests for documentation can be accepted via fax
Department of Financial Aid, Student Employment, and Military Education Benefits
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
2442 E. Kenwood Blvd., Mellencamp Hall. Room 162
P.O. Box 469
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0469