Sources of financial aid to help you pay for college include the following:

  • Scholarships are a type of gift aid and need to be repaid.
  • Grants are gift aid and, in most cases, do not have to be repaid if the enrollment period is completed.
  • Loans are funding that must be repaid.
  • Federal work-study provides part-time employment to degree-seeking students with financial need.
  • Part-time work opportunities are available at UWM and in the City of Milwaukee.
  • Military Education Benefits are state and federal funds available to current and past members of the military, as well as their qualifying dependents.