Sources of financial aid to help you pay for college include the following:
- Scholarships are a type of gift aid and need to be repaid.
- Grants are gift aid and, in most cases, do not have to be repaid if the enrollment period is completed.
- Loans are funding that must be repaid.
- Federal work-study provides part-time employment to degree-seeking students with financial need.
- Part-time work opportunities are available at UWM and in the City of Milwaukee.
- Military Education Benefits are state and federal funds available to current and past members of the military, as well as their qualifying dependents.