Consider a Donation
Since 2007 the Manfred Olson Planetarium has been sharing the wonders of the cosmos with the community. From public shows to private groups, hundreds of thousands of people have discovered how fascinating the cosmos can be. Your gift of any size makes a difference in helping us support our students, maintain our equipment, and host free events.
Consider making a gift to the Planetarium today!
Checks can be made payable to UWM Foundation — Manfred Olson Planetarium Fund (2712.00) and mailed to:
P.O. Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201
For more information about planned giving and corporate and foundation philanthropy, please visit the UWM Office of Development or contact,
P.O. Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413.
What Your Donation Supports
Your donation helps us provide high-quality, engaging, live programs for accessible prices. We depend on your support to pay for our extremely talented staff, innovative events, and hardware and software needs.
Here are some examples of what your donations support:
- Our fund for a new hybrid planetarium projector
- Special event series such as the upcoming centennial (in 2023) of the first planetarium ever built or our celebrations of the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing (PDF) in 2019
- Student scholarships for the Planetarium’s talented and hard-working undergraduate staff members
- Stipends for collaborations with underrepresented audiences, such as for our Indigenous Voices program (PDF)
- Upgrades to our equipment, such as the new, computerized mount for our telescope that allows us to go to night sky objects with the push of a button
- Licensing to run the simulation software, Uniview, which allows us fly around galaxies and view real space objects!
Read our 2021 Donor Report (PDF) to learn more.