Join our team! With over 13,000 visitors annually, the UWM Planetarium is a popular Milwaukee attraction that offers something for everyone.
We are continuously striving to extend our reach into the community and engage as many people with the cosmos as we can.
OPEN POSITIONS (for UWM students only)
UWM Planetarium Internship
We are seeking student interns to promote the UWM Planetarium on campus and to the community. This unpaid internship position is open to current UWM students, with the potential for paid employment after one semester. Journalism, Advertising, and Media Studies (JAMS) students can receive course credit for the internship.
The successful intern will be self-motivated and responsible for some of the following activities, depending on skills and interest:
- Writing and researching content for social media for a variety of platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories)
- Designing brochures, fliers, and other publicity materials
- Helping to design planetarium programs using Keynote
- Proposing innovative plans to make the planetarium more visible in our community and on campus
- Participating in a weekly publicity meeting
Interested candidates should send the following application materials to Dr. Jean Creighton at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Resume (please indicate expected graduation date)
- Class schedule
- Writing and design samples and other relevant work if available
- Letter of recommendation if available
It is never too early to indicate interest in the position. The best time to submit your application is at least 3 weeks before the start of a new semester.