Join our team! With over 13,000 visitors annually, the UWM Planetarium is a popular Milwaukee attraction that offers something for everyone.
We are continuously striving to extend our reach into the community and engage as many people with the cosmos as we can.
Journalism, Advertising, and Media Studies Internship (UWM students only)
Journalism, Advertising, and Media Studies Internship
We are seeking student interns to educate and promote the UWM Planetarium on campus and to the community. This position is open to current UWM students only. The successful intern will be self-motivated and responsible for some of the following activities:
- Thinking of innovative ways to make the planetarium more visible in our community and on campus
- Designing brochures, fliers, and other written materials
- Planning special planetarium events
- Writing press releases, newspaper articles, and short texts for the website and social media
- Designing surveys and analyzing data
- Participating in a weekly all-staff meeting
Interest in Astronomy is a plus but not required.
Interested candidates should send the following application materials to Dr. Jean Creighton at email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Resume (please indicate expected graduation date)
- Writing and design samples and other relevant work if available
- Letter of recommendation if available
It is never too early to indicate interest in the position. The best time to submit your application is at least 3 weeks before the start of a new semester.