Derek Webb, Archives Department head and the university’s records officer, will walk campus offices through some fundamentals of records management in a virtual presentation on July 28 at 1 p.m.
In this presentation, topics that will be covered include:
- How does records management benefit campus offices?
- Who is responsible for managing records?
- What counts as a “record”?
- How long should records be kept and what should be done with them afterwards?
- Who can I call to help me with questions I have about records management?
This presentation is open to all UWM faculty and staff who are responsible for university records. There will be time at the end of the presentation for Q&A. Please follow this link to join the presentation.